Sunday, January 15, 2012

An early morning Epiphany

Yesterday after I posted I had an epiphany (even though I barely know what that means). I realized where I got off track in my weight loss battle.  It happened in July of last year.  When I first started this blog it was as the name implies for my heart.  I started the journey not so much worried about weight loss but worrying about whether what I was eating was good for my heart or not.  By making healthy choices the weight began to peel off and my blood pressure and cholesterol began to change.  By July I was losing weight and I knew that I was graduating nursing school so I set a weight loss goal to reach by graduation.  Looking back I know realize this was a big mistake because I began to focus on the scale much more than my heart.  What I have fought since July is discouragement and going back and forth on my weight loss battle which should have just been a get healthy and stay healthy battle.  I found myself satisfied during Christmas just to maintain my weight rather than making healthy choices.  So it begins again, eating for my heart and the healthiness will soon follow.  The truth is if I never lost another pound and ate healthy every day I would be better off than losing another 50 pounds and eating unhealthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment