Tuesday, August 9, 2011

run run run

Although this summer is busy I am still getting my runs in and it really is feeling good.  My weight is at a standstill and has locked down at 243.  No matter what I eat or how hard I exercise I fluctuate between 242-244 but usually remain right at 243.  My daughter was encouraging last night though when I told her my weight was stuck.  She said "dad who cares what your weight it at your in a lot better shape and how many people your size go out and run 3 miles".  Very true and encouraging, compared to 6 months ago I could not run a quarter of a mile without walking and my heart pounding out of my chest.  I am finding myself enjoying a good run and have to admit my kids motivate me to push harder.  Who knows maybe Brea will set a bar in cross country this year and maybe I can have a part of helping her with that.  Found that brocolli cole slaw at the stores and with just a little sesame oil find that we really like that a lot and is a great oriental food.

No comments:

Post a Comment