Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another 5k


Runners lining up the race is almost ready to begin.

Well I did it!  When the alarm went off this morning I was wondering why I did it but now that it is over it feels very good.  I was really worried about being able to do this one but finished and was pleased as well.

One minute before the race I was wondering "what was I thinking?"

I finished the race in 29:20, 52 seconds faster than the last 5k and I finished with a 3rd place medal.  Truth is there was probably not to many runners in my age group but I was very happy with my time so I don't mind taking home this medal.  Now to shoot for 29:00 minutes.

See the little kid in the front and notice he is in front of me, he stayed there almost the whole time and he finished the race in 33:00 minutes.  He couldn't be more than 6-7 years old and would not be surprised if he was younger.  I wasn't sure if I should trip him when he went by or encourage him.  ( I chose the encouragement, but talk about making me feel slow)

No comments:

Post a Comment