Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shock Treatment

I have read in several different health books about something you need to do for your body every once in awhile when trying to lose weight.  It is basically a shock treatment.  You can have a free day of eating and your body will respond by thinking the diet is over and will relax.  Today was my shock day but I found out I am not very good at it.  I did eat different and more calories but the only thing I allowed myself to cheat on was a Sam's pizza, thin crust with meat (I would have got a veggie but they were out).  4 squares later was my shock treatment.  I learned something though that this is no longer a diet but is really becoming my way of life.  I can honestly say I did not enjoy taking a day off of eating right and would have felt better by staying true to healthy eating.  I am hoping this will help break the nagging hunger pains that have been nonstop this week no matter what I eat.  I can honestly say I have really enjoyed my eating change and the extra fruits and veggies along with trying to get creative in the kitchen.  Tomorrow I hit the gym and back to good eating (even though those 4 squared probably weren't the end of the world) but we will find out Monday how it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment