Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5k countdown

3 days left until the 5k and the weather is calling for rain (what a surprise). Last night I ran 4 miles and worked out 30 minutes this morning on the stairstepper. I really would love to meet my goal but it would take a miracle to do it at the point.  Now this is not my first 5k I ran about 3 years ago when my kids talked me into running (if that is what you can call what I did)  I huffed and puffed and walked and jogged and about died.  That was embarrassing enough but of course it doesn't end there.  During the awards ceremony I found out I was the only one in my age division so they were announcing teens first place with time of 17:00, twenty year old's first place with times of 18:00, thirty year old time of 40 minutes (yeah that was me, you should have seen the scowls I received that day).

Yesterday's menu consisted of fiber one bar for breakfast, veggie burger for lunch with baked fries and dinner was oven baked chicken (pictured above) with mashed potatoes (skim milk and very little butter substitute) corn on cob (no butter)  cole slaw (fat free mayo, apple vinegar and splenda)  very good meal and very filling.  I also got time to work the garden and mow some grass. (It is amazing what I can get done with no school) Tonight I am thinking Tuna steaks for dinner but will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment