Monday, May 2, 2011

8th week weigh-in

Ok I need some information from someone (anyone) please.  I have no idea what is going on.  I was going to only weigh-in on Monday but the last few weeks I weigh every morning to keep myself on track  but if anyone asked how much I have lost I can only give them Monday's weigh-in amount.  Thursday I weighed in at 248 and by Sat morning was weighing 247 and I was so pumped up I was already thinking about what to post in my blog but then Sunday morning rolled around and I weighed in at 253.  Unbelievable and I worked hard all weekend and kept on a strict meal except for one.  Breakfast was an egg sandwich on 35 calorie bread, baked chips, lunch was a light peanut butter and jelly sandwich and dinner we splurged at the mall and ate Mandalay chicken, fried rice and 1 crab rangoon a very small portion   (one meal surely could not have added 5 pounds)  If 3500 equals 1 pound then I would have had to eat 15000 calories in one day.  With all of that said here is today's very disappointing post.

Beginning     280
Last Week 252
This week   252
Total for week: A big giant 0   : (     (please read blog and help)
On the plus side I added 10 pounds to all of the weight lifting machines this week.

2 comments:

  1. Did you measure your inches again? You are lifting weights. An increase in pounds doesn't necessarily mean an increase in fat, it could have been muscle. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. If you don't see a difference in inches, it could just be that there was a lot of sodium in the food you ate. It could just be that you retained extra water, check for any swelling. How was your stress level this past weekend? Extra stress mentally or physically can raise cortisol levels, which causes weight gain. So...there are my only ideas. My guess is that you gained muscle. Remember, after the first initial weightloss you need to remeasure more than weigh-in. The first 20-30 lbs. is usually water weight. After that, you shouldn't rely on your scale. Don't get discouraged! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - #1 - Don't weigh everyday! Our body fluids & elimination processes vary daily. Weigh every week or so. A little water retention can add a lot of pounds in a very short time and can be caused (usually by salt) chemicals we intake when we eat something we haven't read the lbaels on and/or cooked ourselves. Keep a journal of every thing you eat AND how it makes you feel, you can narrow down foods that cause water-weight gain and/or that you may have some unknown allergies to.(eating several things in a day that you are slightly allergic to will add up as your body reacts!) Also track fluid intake - water, water, water, herbal teas, coffee, even an occasional diet drink to ensure you are drinking (and eliminating) enough. and #2- Do not be discouraged. The evil one is smart & knows all about us and all our past generations of family too. You know God's plan for you is a good one. And you know you are on the right path for you and your family. Hugs & prayers..

    ReplyDelete