Thursday, March 24, 2011

Calories, Calories, Calories

I am amazed at how different my life has become now that I pay attention to calories.  About noon yesterday I had a guilty feeling because I felt stuffed but what I was stuffed on was carrots and lots of Crystal Light (actually I use Greater Value, and love the different flavors)  In reality at noon yesterday I had only ate about 400 calories worth of food.  You can eat a handful of carrots and not hardly break the calorie bank but try that with chips and watch the pounds add on. Yesterday I had a Fiber one bar for breakfast with a banana ( 240) calories, then I broke up lunch by eating crab meat at about 10 and about 1:00 o'clock.  I did eat some baked chips with it with both meals I had about 470 calories.  For dinner we had Talapia, half sweet potato with Smart Balance butter and cinnamon, 2 mushrooms grilled in a pan with a touch of olive oil and about a cup of mixed vegetables.  Total calories under 300 just over 1000 for the day.  Worked out for t30 minutes on stair stepper and burned about 500 calories.  Had half a protein bar for dessert about 150 calories.  Hard to believe looking at the calorie count that I could feel stuffed but by snacking on carrots It kept me very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment