Thursday, March 31, 2011

5:00 A.M. are you kidding me?


Can you believe that four mornings in a row I have woken up at 5:00 even though my alarm is set somewhat later than that.  Each day I wrestle with the decision to get up and hit the gym or lay there in bed for another 30 minutes or so.  Why do I keep waking up, who knows but each morning I have dragged my butt out of bed and hit the gym.  It does feel good to get the workout out of the way for the day and then not have any excuses and this week I could have found plenty.
Today I started off right and then I got to work and found one piece of left over chocolate cookie cake.  I was ok until I opened the fridge and realized I had skim milk at work.  With a nursing test today and the situation with my daughter I caved.  I did scrape off the icing and it was a small piece but I found it very depressing that I gave in.  I made sure I balanced it out.  I had a turkey sandwich for lunch and only ate a protein bar for dinner with a few nuts for snack.  Over all I figure I hit about 1200 calories not counting the slice of cookie cake so I think I made it with no problems.  My daughter made sure she let me know how disappointed she was in me and let me feel the guilt.  Maybe I should rethink this blog and letting people know all of my secrets. (just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment