Friday, March 4, 2011

Traveling makes it tough

Today I had to spend over 9 hours traveling on the road.  I'm not one to just drive I love to nibble on food as I drive, my favorite is a bag of beef jerky.  Now beef jerky is actually low in fat and calories but the sodium level will blow you away but with some planning I made the trip work.  I packed a turkey sandwich and apple for lunch and I did drink diet soda for the caffeine kick.  I bought a bag of beef jerky(the one pounder from Sam's) and then made a plan so I would not eat the entire bag.  I took a sandwich bag and placed just 2 servings in it and it helped with the munchies.  After arriving home my wife had stuffed peppers waiting for me.  Even with traveling I was able to stay under 2000 calories today.  After I returned home me and my daughter went for a 2 mile run in the rain and I actually jogged the whole distance, it was much more than a waddle actually a nice steady jog.  Thank you to all of my blog readers for keeping me on track.  Monday will be here soon and I am ready to weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment