Thursday, March 31, 2011

Head games

I just read the other day that a study was done and showed that it is harder for emotional eater's to lose weight.  I my friends am definitely an emotional eater.  My daughter's letter the other day took the wind out of our sails for a few moments and today I could have eaten like a horse.  A chocolate chip cookie cake at Walmart was on clearance and began calling my name.  I must confess I bought it and brought it to daycare but the good news is I walked away from it and thought about what I was doing. I still had a very small slice with my lunch and even though it was not healthy it did not blow my diet out of the water.  A protein bar for breakfast, banana for snack, leftovers for lunch and a new steak recipe we tried for dinner with sweet potato and salad.  I don't know what it is but when I am stressed or depressed I believe I could eat at a buffet for twelve hours and still not think that I am full.  I did get an early morning work out in though and learned a lot about myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment