Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Counting Calories

I now am starting to realize why I am so fat.  Do you realize how hard it is to find something healthy to eat if you get hungry while your away from home.  Run into any mini-mart or fast food restaurant and see what I mean.  Even the things that seem healthy are high in calories.  Buy the box meal at Taco Bell and eat a full days calories in one meal and let's not even talk McDonald's.  A handful of snacks here and there can throw off a healthy eating pattern quick.
Now saying that I did not cheat today and was able to stay focused although I did get hungry while I was out I did not stray.  ( I think you all would not let me hear the end of it.)  The usual breakfast and lunch and for dinner I made Chicken breast in Salsa (Thanks Jenn) baked shoestring fries and broccoli.  Total calories today 1700 and a two mile walk/jog with hills included.  I need to do some research on the best foods to eat at bedtime (only when I am really hungry)

Here's a web site to figure how many calories your body needs a day.
http://nutrition.about.com/od/changeyourdiet/a/calguide.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment