Wednesday, March 2, 2011

School makes it tough

I didn't get to post last night because I am in nursing school right now.  You would think that while we are learning to make people healthy that somehow that would let us work on our health as well.  Instead nursing school has just about killed me, the stress and many, many hours of sitting and studying have really took a toll on my body.  One way I study is to sit in my car on a parking lot for over 5 hours, no distractions this way.  But I used to keep munchies with me.  Yesterday I did munch on a small bag of trail mix but made sure I made up for it by eating a light dinner.   Working out was a challenge but after last nights test instead of heading for the computer lab I went across the street to the Computer Science building and ran up four floors of stairs for 15 minutes and then walked the campus for another 15. 
I tried to switch up my meal pattern by starting with protein but really did not like the switch tomorrow I go back to fiber for breakfast. I had turkey sandwich for lunch and a bowl of green beans and about 2 oz of pork tenderloin for dinner.  Not bad for a test day.

No comments:

Post a Comment