Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4 in review

What I have learned:
1. pay attention to calories and you will be shocked at what you eat.
2. pay attention to portions and you will be shocked at what you eat.
3. America is not designed for healthy eating, we are designed to destroy our bodies
4. I've said it before but this time I have really seen how much people are behind me in this endeavour.
5. Weight loss takes planning but it can be done.

What I miss:  The truth is this week I cannot say I missed anything. (I guess enjoying the pasta at family reunion) but in all reality I am really enjoying the road to success this time around.  I am eating plenty and a lot of varieties and really beginning to enjoy my veggies. 

What I have gained:  My wife has really become a team player for me in this endeavour.  She is helping me watch portions, sometimes cutting the meat ahead of time to stop me from temptation and her and my daughters have been really pitching in on the kitchen cleanup so that I do not find myself nibbling during the cleanup process.

My BP has been measuring about 122/77 not great but much better than the 160/115 it has hit a couple of times this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment